Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Double Life

Today was a very busy day and it's starting to feel like more of my days are getting to be compartmentalized and tightly scheduled. I started with Zumba, headed to the new mom's group at Andaluz, met my mom and her friend Camilla at Starbucks, came home, napped, and then drove out to Lewis and Clark for a 3 hour rehearsal.

I like keeping busy and I think the exercise is really giving me the energy I need to handle it. I just wish my sleep was keeping up with it too (blogging late at night probably isn't helping). The rest of my week is really just as busy. I added another day to my teaching schedule since I have new students now, I have two more rehearsals and a concert Saturday, and I'm sure I'm going to try to squeeze some more time in at the gym. I think when spring break hits, I'm going to try to keep my schedule empty and enjoy my time at home!

With all this busy I think I've found my threshold in terms of how much I want to be separated from my baby. I found myself missing her as I was driving out to rehearsal tonight and was happy to see her again when I got home. What I found to be even more strange was some of the weird feelings I had at rehearsal.

This concert is one where I get to sing with many friends and colleagues that I have sung with over the last several years. It was really nice to see their faces and I haven't seen many of them since before I got pregnant. I felt like I'd been on this really long journey and had returned back to my hometown full of people that had been there the whole time I was gone. It felt good to jump back in to the choral world and even better to be able to tread water on such a mentally engaging piece. Returning home to a baby that wanted to be nursed in a dark house full of people made me feel even more like I'm living a life in two different worlds. I think I like it though. I get to feel like I have the best secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment