Friday, July 6, 2012

In Car Sprinkler

Today was a day for sprinklers. After a nice lunch with Caitlin, Charlotte and I made our way to the play area at the mall. This is turning into a favorite for her. The big kids love following her around and she loves the attention. She also loves to escape out the opening and down the mall. It's always fun being the mom chasing her toddler in public.

At any rate, Charlotte ran around quite a bit and came over to me saying "juice" and I realized I didn't bring any fresh juice. I felt bad for not having anything for her. After she started making a beeline for the entrance every time I retrieved her I knew she was ready to go. When I got to the car I searched the clutter to see what I could give her since she was thirsty. I managed to find my empty camelback water bottle and a bottle of perrier from Kaiti and Clem's wedding last weekend. I put the perrier in the camelback and gave it to her before I got in the driver seat to drive home.

I have one of those mirrors in the back so I can see Charlotte in her seat and she was having a jolly time trying to figure out how to drink from the camelback. I was surprised to see that she was actually getting some of the perrier out of the sip top. Next thing I know I'm driving along on Sunnyside Road and I get sprayed with water! Apparently the fizzy water was building up pressure and whenever she'd pinch the mouthpiece it would shoot out. Thus the in-car sprinkler.

When we got home she napped awhile and then after coating herself in strawberry juice I decided to strip her naked and take her out to her heated kiddie pool (I filled it yesterday and it spent the day in the sun) She was thrilled to have bath temp water in her pool. I thought it was too warm so I pulled the sprinkler over so she could cool off a bit. Unfortunately Charlotte seems to hate the sprinkler. I had to retrieve her from the other end of the yard several times (kind of like the mall...). I must admit though, naked wet baby covered in grass squealing in delight as mommy chases her around the yard is pretty amusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment