Saturday, August 25, 2012

September in a Nutshell

Wednesday night Paul got home from work and told me his mom wanted to talk to us at 8. She had us on a conference call with Paul's brother to tell us that she's met with a hospice care consultant and that she's decided to discontinue cancer treatments. This wasn't really much of a surprise. It also wasn't a surprise when she asked us to make the 400 mile trip north to visit them before she's gone.

Thursday I got an e-mail from our home loan lender that Paul's credit score had fallen two points below the required minimum for us to qualify for the loan. This is the loan we need for the house that we currently have an offer on and are waiting to hear an answer from. He told me it was because of my Sallie Mae loans. Sallie Mae for the win again. So I called them and figured out that I only needed to pay off one smaller loan in order for Paul's credit not to be tarnished by any more late payments - I tend to get overwhelmed by the payments and just don't make them because they stress me out.

So with our bank account close to $700 lighter we are hopefully on target to get his credit score up high enough to qualify before we actually need the loan. *fingers crossed*

Friday I did all our bills - which no matter what I do to streamline the process still always manage to take me hours - and then I took Charlotte up to Paul's brother's to make travel arrangements. As I was waiting for a call back from Enterprise (who gave us a great deal and were very accommodating) I got an e-mail from the HR department from Portland Public Schools. I assumed it was about my being removed from the sub list. Instead it was an urging from one of their staff members to apply for an open high school choir position.

So now I'm waiting to hear about whether I will be interviewing for the job (I assume they don't make many interview appointments on the weekend). This throws a whole new, but not unpleasant, wrench into an already hectic month of September.

I'm in a complete childcare conundrum. I'm going to need someone to watch Charlotte in the morning whether I get the job or not. I can't help but wonder how much work I can do and still be considered an at-home mom. This job would definitely make me feel less guilty just based on the fact that I've wanted it so badly for so long!

The rest of this year is already starting to look like a cyclone of busy. From now until mid-October we have school starting, this potential job starting, setting up my studio, camping, driving 16 hours to visit ailing family with a toddler, the met audition and all of the prep I need to do for it, and the looming possibility of finally buying our house and moving. This seems like a lot to fit into one month!

No comments:

Post a Comment