Sunday, December 19, 2010

Food is Good

This evenings craving for a french dip sandwich (and no, I was not watching DDD to induce said craving) led to the rediscovery of Claim Jumper's happy hour - and it is oh so happy when you don't have to count calories!

This is not the point however. The point is that I'm starting to get annoyed with how difficult it is to eat enough. I got french dip sliders and shared a giant plate of onion rings with Paul. After one slider and two onion rings I was ready to call it quits. I'm looking at this giant pile of delicious cheap food and suddenly I'm in a zone. Mind over matter! It's me or you food and I intend to win! I finished my second slider and ate probably three or four more onion rings (they were the skinny kind) and thought I would explode. I'm incredibly uncomfortable now.

It was only months ago that I would have polished off a meal of this size and ordered more food easily. It was months ago that a meal of this caliber would have had me feeling guilty for days. I don't miss this, and actually I'm secretly enjoying what this feels like because I know it won't happen again until the next time I'm pregnant. This must be how skinny people feel all of the time. Full!

In other news, I scored big time at Target today. After days of constantly pulling up my maternity pants I decided I've had it and I'm not wearing them again until my belly's bigger. So I went on the hunt for dresses. I managed to find 2 on clearance. One's all black and was $12, the other's black and white and was $7.50. I also got a maternity coat made of sweatshirt fabric for $20. I feel like this is a victory because maternity clothes are expensive!

I will end with my sentimental hormonal story of the weekend. Yesterday we got our tree and I am damn determined to create family traditions! So we went to the tree farm we found last year. I made us hot chocolate that we drank on the way out. We picked our tree and brought it home where I spent an hour or so decorating it. As I was putting our ornaments on the tree I started getting all teary as I sang along to Mannheim Steamroller (sure there aren't words, but that's never hindered me from singing noises along anyway). I put up our ornament from last year with our wedding picture on it and put up the one we bought for this year and then I found my "baby's first christmas" ornament from my first christmas. I was so excited to have a baby's first for next year and to have our own family to decorate our tree and have our own christmas traditions with. Then I felt all cheesy and changed the music to something more commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment