Sunday, December 26, 2010

Second Trimester Pressure

Well, I survived pregnant christmas. And I survived a multitude of other small things as well. I got some baby bibs from my mom & sister - two sets, one for a boy and one for a girl, and Paul's aunt got us a unisex onesie that's super cute. Without knowing what the gender of the baby is yet though the zeal for buying baby things was a bit squelched. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were pretty good for the most part. I ended up with horrible headache by the end of Christmas Day and it just would not go away unfortunately. This morning we went to Paul's Aunt and Uncles for Encore Christmas and I spent all day feeling horribly uncomfortable from the pressure on my bowels and intestines. Squishy is starting to claim its space I guess.

The excitement of pregnancy is starting to wear off a bit. I don't get asked about it as much as I did before when I see friends and family and all anyone asks anymore is when I'll know if it's a boy or a girl. It seems that many people are less interested in talking about their experiences with their own pregnancies. This was something I've really been enjoying because I've felt a new sense of respect and connection to older women who have been raising children. Being the the least far along of all of my pregnant friends I've started to get the sense that some of them are just tired of talking about it and then I find myself with nothing to talk about otherwise - so then I feel kind of boring.

Now we have to gear up for a bunch of January stress. First of all, we're moving into a one-bedroom apartment in our complex to try to save more money to buy a house. It worked out pretty well since we don't have to pay new deposits, break our lease, or pay a transfer fee. We just move and pay less. It does have me a bit nervous about where we're going to put baby things however. I really hate being overcrowded, so i'm seriously hoping that we can crack down and get our money saved and a house bought so I can worry about what color to paint the babies room rather than where it will fit in our tiny apartment.
Second, I am contemplating the idea of getting a part time job. Substitute teaching, while useful for my resume, is not cutting it when it comes to my paychecks. I'm just not getting enough work. So, I'm looking at possibly trying to get in for mornings at starbucks or going back to the bowling alley on weekends. The hard thing about this is subbing is fairly minimal work for a great hourly pay. I just wish it was more consistent and I could count on having work every month and I just can't. So I'm going to end up having to work twice as much for the same amount of money, but at least I'll know that it's coming every month instead of playing a monthly guessing game.
Last is that I have my next prenatal appointment and hopefully we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl by the end of the month. I am so looking forward to getting an ultrasound. I have to admit that I feel a bit left out when I see people post pictures of theirs. So I'm excited that I get to have one and get to see my baby for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment