Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life Sucking Alien

I just woke up from 11 hours of sleep. 11 hours! There was a short period in my second trimester when I would sleep this much, and I enjoyed it! But I didn't think it would happen again. I had to take a nap on Tuesday after teaching for an hour and teaching lessons has been a struggle because I can't seem to get my brain to work. I've decided that this is because Charlotte is sucking the life out of me.

I have several spiral notebooks that I keep around the house to make my lists in. I wrote on the front of them with Sharpies so that I could tell them all apart. I have one for writing down the bills and budget, one for keeping notes and lists for my voice students, one for choir planning, etc.. The one I use on a daily basis is my "daily lists" notebook. This is where I write down my to do's throughout the week. I've had the same four or five things on my list for at least two weeks and I just can't bring myself to get them done. They're not even hard things either!

One is to hem my tablecloth. This would take about ten minutes. It's been sitting on my dining room table with the iron and sewing machine taunting me for days. Every morning I sit on my couch and every morning I look up, and there it is, still waiting to be hemmed. I know I'll do it eventually so I can put all the sewing stuff out in storage, but I just haven't found the extra push I need to walk across the room and get it done. It took me a whole week to finally do my laundry (when I ran out of pants).

I'm usually not a procrastinator. I like to get things done so I can move on to the next thing. Perhaps this is my subconscious way of preventing the pain of labor. If my house isn't ready, the baby can't come yet! Or maybe it's just that the baby is growing like crazy (the massive size of my belly being a key indication) and is sucking the life out of me so that I don't have enough energy to do anything!

I have a prenatal appointment this evening. Paul's been having to work 12 hour shifts lately so he's going to miss my appointment. My mom's going to come with me instead. I'm looking forward to her meeting my midwife and to her getting to see the birth center - although it's not the one I'll deliver at, but she'll get the idea. Paul's going to come with me to our birth class after. I've been learning so much from birth classes, it's really exciting to get to go every week to learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment