Friday, May 20, 2011

Trying New Things

Yesterday I had cranio sacral therapy. This was quite an experience. Rather than a clinic, I drove to the address which turned out to be a house in the west hills out in the woods - it was very secluded. The house was all wood - wood walls, wood floors, wood ceiling - it felt like an unheated sauna. I had a view from the massage table of endless tall maple trees. It was like being at a retreat center. Rather than a young apprentice, my therapist was an experienced therapist that was there for a workshop about working on pregnant ladies. The lady holding the workshop stopped in to answer questions and offer advice throughout the therapy. At one point she asked if she could bring in another apprentice to feel the position of my baby, so I had three women feeling my belly, which I thought was fun. I like knowing where she is. The therapy was very relaxing and very light. I felt really good afterwards.

After my therapy session I went to the mall to buy a nursing bra. I also wanted to see if I could find a summer dress that could double for the choir concert next weekend and for my baby shower. After trying on nearly every dress in the store, I decided that nothing was really working for me so I just bought the bra. I've never bought a nursing bra before. It's a bit intimidating to need one to be honest.

It looked kind of like this in my dream,
but much bigger and it wasn't covered above.
I had a dream last night that instead of Andaluz, I ended up having to go to a different birth center. Rather than having rooms with tubs, this center had several hot springs areas (that didn't smell like sulfur) like what you see in Japan. I got confused about where I was supposed to go so I ended up having the baby right before I found the springs I was supposed to use. This was surprisingly insignificant. Since I was already there, I decided we should just swim in the water together. Then everyone else showed up - family, midwives, friends - and we had a barbecue on the patio while people swam in the spring. There was some confusion about who was supposed to bring what food and there was some sort of competition about which barbecue food was better. Even the baby was swimming. Not sure what this all means, but I found it kind of interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment