Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dressing Post Delivery & Ultrasound Antsiness

I went grocery shopping this evening after getting some sewing done. Paul's on swing shift so I have to do evening activities alone most of the time. I sometimes wish that I had a person on call that could just come do mundane things with me to keep me company. I suppose most call these friends. It's harder to find these kinds of people when you get older though because they move away and then they have their own mundane things to tend to.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I will be serving as
your pregnant bridesmaid. Enjoy!
Anyway, after grocery shopping I stopped at David's Bridal to grab a catalog and ask someone about post-pregnancy bridesmaid dress shopping. I'm a bridesmaid in Caitlin's wedding and we're going dress shopping on Sunday. I didn't want to steal her spotlight with my personal dress concerns so I thought I'd ask ahead of time. The girl at the store was really helpful. She said to definitely wait until after I deliver to buy my dress. When she was pregnant not only did she drop the weight, she was two sizes smaller than before she got pregnant! (If only right?) Not to mention that my boobs keep getting bigger and who knows where they'll be when I'm breast-feeding. I'm glad I asked now because I won't be worrying about finding something quite as much on Sunday. It's weird to have to think this far out in advance though!

Ultrasound is in 3 1/2 days! It occurred to me that we may not find out the gender of the baby at this appointment, and while it's better to not get your hopes up and be disappointed, I can't help myself. Hopes. Up. Way up. Even if we can't see the details of our babies hoo-haw I'm still excited to see the rest of it!
My prenatal appointment is the next day and I think my mom is going to meet me for it. Paul has to work. I'm looking forward to having her meet my midwife and her seeing the birth center. She can ask questions and stuff this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment