Thursday, January 6, 2011

Keeping Up with Life

It's amazing to me at how much I actually do when I feel like I don't do anything. Yesterday I un-ornamented my tree, cataloged and put away 80 dvd's into a new case, cleared the rest of our bar into a packing box, finished crocheting a toy panda for a friend's baby shower, did an hour and a half at the chiropractor, did some shopping and banking, taught 2 1/2 hours of voice lessons, made all the arrangments for a masterclass with my students, and managed to make dinner before Paul had to go to work. This amount of doing things is probably not abnormal for most people I suppose. I tend to feel like I don't do anything when I'm not working normal shifts on a daily basis and sometimes I have to remind myself that I do get things accomplished even if I'm not getting paid.

Sunday we got in a pretty good sized car wreck. Neither of us feels terribly injured, but the test results from the chiropractor suggest otherwise. Basically when you're pregnant all your ligaments are more flexible. So when they're jarred it takes them much longer to repair. This is why all the time at the chiropractor. Getting treatment isn't really the source of the stress though. Not having two cars has been a bit challenging. I had to get up at 7 to borrow my dad's car before he got to work this morning so I can get to my prenatal appointment today. We're also now burdened with the deductible for the repairs on our car since the other driver seems to be lying about the green light she swears she had when she plowed into us. I went to bed last night feeling like our finances are spiraling out of control and that we'll never be able to provide for our baby. I have to keep reminding myself that at the moment, I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in my stomach, and a family that loves me and will always take care of my basic needs. In other words, things could be worse. I also have to remind myself that in days/weeks/months/years the stress and worry I carry around with me will be composed of entirely new problems and that this is nothing I can't handle. Still, it's been a bit stressful.

I have my second prenatal appointment today. I'm looking forward to meeting my second midwife. I'm also looking forward to getting the referral to the ultrasound tech. I read through all the weeks of fetal development in my mayo clinic book last night. I'm looking forward to feeling like my baby is a separate entity rather than an invisible source of discomfort. I will post pictures of my ultrasound the day I get them! And, as I've promised countless numbers of people, I will let everyone know if it's a boy or a girl as soon as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment