Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week 17

I called yesterday and scheduled my first ultrasound for the end of this month. For most of my pregnant friends ultrasounds are pretty routine. For me though this is probably the only one I'll have (given we find the gender of the baby). Honestly this is one of the only drawbacks I've found with Andaluz. I wish I could have been having monthly ones, but I suppose this is cheaper. I am really excited to actually see the mystery that's making my belly so big!

Things have been interesting at the chiropractor. He gave me the test results from the car accident this week. I don't have any acute injuries, but I definitely have some limited nerve function from muscle swelling along my spine. Today's headache is proof that just because you feel better doesn't mean your injury has gone away yet. The silver lining is that part of my treatment is regular massage all courtesy of our auto insurance.

I've discovered a few of things that I really like this week. First is chocolate milk. I finally sat down and read what it is that my midwives think I'm supposed to be eating and 4 servings of dairy is not easy to come by. Second is the babycenter book on pregnancy. I like the layout and the pictures and it's easy to navigate. It also has equal amounts of information on hospital and natural births which I think is really cool. (most I've looked at don't). The last thing is the clearance rack at Target. I scored an awesome maternity sweater for $7 yesterday. It's a $30 sweater and I even had intentions of getting on like it before I found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment