Thursday, February 3, 2011

Documenting Another Day

For some reason I feel compelled to report on my day today. It wasn't a particularly special day, it was just a normal day. But it was a normal day where I was 20 weeks pregnant.

This morning I woke up at 6 because the sub finder system called me to sub. I didn't want to work today because I had lots planned and they usually don't call that much so I tried to go back to sleep. It didn't work. So I got up around 6:30 and had some pregnancy tea. I had a massage at 8. Massages are like crack. You have a little and it's really great, but the more you have, the more you wish you had.

Afterward I went and met up with my sister at Target to look at baby stuff and to get lunch. Then I drove back to Beaverton, went shopping for a bridal shower gift, donated a car full of stuff to Salvation Army, got a hair cut that I think is a bit too short, went to a high school to sign up students for lessons, and then went shopping for party supplies for my husbands 30th birthday party with a former coworker. After that I stopped at New Seasons to get more prenatal vitamins and then came home.

I must have peed 15 times today. Charlotte is in a weird position in my pelvis where it feels like she's pushing against my tail bone, bladder and diaphragm at the same time. I know over the next several weeks she'll start to grow really fast. Normally when I sit at my computer on my coffee table I hunch over a bit but now there's too much pressure on my insides to do that anymore. The chiropractor finally had to drop the belly panel on the stretch table so my tummy could hang down. The massage therapist told me she couldn't use as much pressure through my low back because my hips are spreading.

I guess this last week I've been experiencing more physical changes and they're interrupting my normality. It's kind of miserable and exciting at the same time. I'm hoping in a few more days she shifts and I'm able to feel a little more comfortable again. Still, it's reassuring to know she's there, even if she's making me run to the bathroom every hour.

2 comments:

  1. Can we take a moment to embrace the grossness of your ticker at the top?

    "The Baby is gulping down amnionic fluid for nutrition."

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, that is pretty unpleasant sounding

    ReplyDelete