Sunday, February 27, 2011

Paul's Dirty 30

Well, Paul's birthday party went off pretty well. The mario theme was a hit, his cake turned out great, and the cupcakes were cute. He didn't want to do anything for his 30th birthday and I couldn't let a milestone go uncelebrated! Let alone the fact that this was his last birthday before fatherhood.

Toadstool cupcakes with white chocolate dots. My fingers are now
stained with red and green food coloring!
This is supposed to mimic the screen in the original Mario game.
I got compliments from the clerk at the grocery store even!
The 10-year-old birthday dream that will never get too young for a gamer.
Several kids walked by the table at the bowling alley and lingered longingly by the cake haha!
There was a really good turn out and I'm glad so many people were able to come. I don't think Paul realizes how many friends he has sometimes, being such an introvert. I guess it takes an extrovert wife to remind him!
When I got up in the morning I spent some time picking up around the house. I ended up having to do this is small bursts and then rest for a bit. My baby stamina is starting to lower some more I think. My sister came over around noon to help me go buy what we needed and then to help me make the cupcakes. After about 5 hours of running around like crazy, baking, wrapping, decorating, and then bowling, my hips and my ankle are a bit mad at me. Typically a night of sleep has me feeling all better in the morning, but I'm still achey today. I may have overdone it this time. 

This morning we're going to look at some houses with a new real estate agent and then my students are giving a recital this afternoon. Other than the fact that I'm looking at another day on my feet, I'm looking forward to a productive day. 

I'll admit being this busy while pregnant is more challenging than I expected. Since it's temporary (as temporary as 10 months can feel) and since it's all new it's difficult to gauge how far I can push myself before I actually start to overdo it. And since it's a constant change in my body and my baby's growth my activity threshold is always decreasing, and I can't always tell if what I was able to do today will be too much for tomorrow. 
My tried and true methods of coping with my lifestyle so far have been the chiropractor (who I can't praise enough!), my massage therapy, belly braces, and the bathtub. Up until this last week I've managed to avoid using pain killers. Since I want to continue to avoid them I think I may have to start scaling back my activity level. I supposed that since I'm almost at 24 weeks, this is probably reasonable, but when you're as busy as I am it's not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment