Monday, February 7, 2011

Highs and Lows

It's really hard to gauge how appropriate my emotional responses are to things right now. Yesterday we went to scope out some potential houses to buy. We found one that not only met the majority of the criteria we were looking for, but also was in our price range and we would be able to buy it right now in spite of our limited savings at this point. So it's basically a miracle.

In spite of my crazy schedule today I managed to get ahold of our loan agent. She told us we were all pre-approved and set to go. Then I got a call from our realtor. She said there was an offer on the house already.

It's hard to explain the mix of the feelings I've had with this house shopping experience. It's like a tumultuous teenager romance. We fall in love in a very short period of time - usually a day or two - and then find out that our house is out of our league or in a relationship with someone else. It's hard when you picture raising your newborn, teaching voice lessons, arranging your furniture, or how you'll landscape or paint to have all of those dreams ripped away. I wish it was as simple as just crying and moving on to the next one. But it feels more complicated than that. It's like going through a break up. Not only do we not get to have it, we also don't get to have the future we might have had with it.

We're going to put in an offer anyway just in case the first offer isn't accepted. There's still a possibility that we could get the house, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Part of me wants to throw in the towel. This process is incredibly time consuming, stressful, frustrating and emotionally draining. The only thing keeping me motivated at this point is the fact that we have a baby that needs a home to be raised in and this small apartment isn't going to cut it for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment