Monday, June 6, 2011

The Baby Shower

As probably everyone who reads this know, Saturday was our baby shower and I am so happy with how it all went. I highly recommend doing the coed thing. It was so great to get to see all of our friends and family.

I can't get over how generous everyone has been. Short of diapers and a couple other odds and ends, we basically have everything we need - at least I think we do. It's hard to really know what you'll need until you get there I suppose. I went on a shopping trip yesterday and got a few more necessities like baby wipes, g diapers, and a moby wrap. I feel so relieved that we are going to be okay!

I have decided that we will have the best dressed baby ever. I ran some laundry and put all of her clothes away yesterday. I think we'll probably have a new outfit for her for every day until she stops fitting in the 3 month sizes. I'm glad we have the closet space, but finding homes for everything is a bit of a challenge. Our kitchen is pretty much at capacity, so all the bottles and parts are patiently waiting on the counter for a permanent home.

Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks. There's very little that doesn't remind me of the fact. The warm weather over the weekend had my hands and feet so swollen that I felt like the marshmallow man. My energy is super limited. I'm actually dreading the walk from my car to the choir room to teach voice lessons this afternoon. It's also becoming even more difficult to roll over when I sleep, and to get up. Basically everything is hard. I have a list of things I want to get done around our house this week that's only about 10 items and yet it will likely take me the entire week because I'm so slow and have to rest all the time. I was promised supernatural mommy nesting powers and they haven't kicked in!  I feel the urge to get everything ready but I can't do it all myself. It's like being a little kid again and not being able to reach things or lift the milk jug.

After Wednesday I am basically in baby waiting mode. If anyone wants to come keep me company to help distract me from the contractions I'm not having I would love it! Honestly just having someone around to watch tv with is nice when you can't do much. So call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment