Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Warp Speed Ahead!

Well, we have successfully returned from Charlotte's first trip to the beach. It was so nice to spend two nights with my parents, grandpa, sister, cousin's daughter Pandora, Paul and Charlotte in Seaside. Highlights included roasting marshmallows on the patio, wetting my pants while chasing my sister, eating a clam chowder bread bowl at Moe's and riding the bumper cars with Panda. We did lots of eating and lots of walking. It was very interesting spending so much time with a 6-year-old. It was like a preview of parenting, and I'm really looking forward to it. She's not even mine and it was really nice to feel the reciprocation of affection. Charlotte's just starting to show me that she loves me back, but it's pretty fleeting. I can't wait to love her and have her understand it.

In the midst of so much activity paired with the realization of what the next couple of weeks holds I totally forgot that Charlotte turned 8 weeks old last Tuesday. She'll be two months old on Sunday. I think she's going through a growth spurt. She's still just in newborn sizes, and 3 month sizes are huge, but the newborn stuff is starting to get a little snug.

As far as the next few weeks go, we have our hands completely full. In the next week and half I have to move, pack our storage unit, help throw a bachelorette party, attend a rehearsal dinner, two weddings, Charlotte's first visit to the pediatrician, a photo session, and Paul's parents will be here next Monday.

Moving kind of snuck up on me even though I've been anticipating it for weeks now. There's only so much you can pack and not use I suppose and it's been rather difficult to get much done when I've been so busy with the baby and a plethora of other things. It didn't really occur to me that this coming weekend is the only weekend we have to get everything moved before the end of the month until Monday. Now I have two days to get everything divided between my parents house and storage and then we have to get it all moved. I'll be spending the next couple of days envisioning unpacking my things in our new house as it all goes into storage boxes. I'll also be enjoying our last couple of nights in our own home. It's going to be hard not to have my own home for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment