Wednesday, August 3, 2011

All Smiles

My sleepy girl.
Charlotte's had a long day. She's passed out on my arm right now.

I went to visit Cristy today. We ended up walking probably something like 3 miles total. Needless to say, I'm wiped out. Charlotte was so good! She gave me a big grin a few times today. So far her smiles have been pretty fleeting - as in, is that a smile or gas? - but this was the real deal! I have a feeling now that the majority of her awake time will be spent trying to get her to smile again.

This month is starting to feel crazy. I have three weddings, family in town to visit on both sides, two trips to the beach, and we have to be out of our apartment by the end of the month. We've decided that we're going to move in for a few months with my parents to pay down our debt and save some money so we can buy a house next year.

Thank you Andrew, Nicole & Lucy for the
awesome PJ's!
I started to go through some stuff today and I felt a bit overwhelmed. Paul's been working crazy long hours so it's basically up to me to get our stuff organized and packed. We're on a funky time frame because of the weddings and the family visiting so we really have to get moved sooner than the 31st and we have to do most of it during the week. I ordered a pod so that I can pack it over the course of a couple of weeks before we have it moved. The reality of living with my parents started to seep in a bit too. I think it will be great to have so many extra hands to help with the baby, but its also going to be a bit of an adjustment. Paul and I haven't had to live with other people for a really long time, and neither of us is particularly good at it. It will be hard not having our own things and our own space, but worth it to have a house as a result.

 I am on a mission to get rid of the baby weight now! I started water aerobics again last night. I won't be able to go anymore after we move so I want to take advantage and go as much as I can. It's nice having some time for myself when I spend so much time being mommy. After we move I'm debating if it will be more beneficial to go back to weight watchers for a month or to join 24-hour-fitness. I'm thinking the gym membership might be nice to get out of the house, but I seriously need to get my eating back in check. I've developed some mighty bad habits! I will be chronicling all of this business in my weight loss blog rather than here I think.

Tuesday was Charlotte's last appointment at Andaluz. She weighed in at 9 pounds exactly. She's still in newborn sizes because she's so petite in the shoulders, but she's definitely bigger. Hopefully she'll get big enough to wear all her summer clothes in 3 months sizes! I'm sad that I won't get to see my midwives all the time anymore. They become part of your life and are there for one of the most life changing experiences you'll ever go through. I take solace in the fact that I can go to new mom groupsand that we will likely go back to share our birth story for Dana's birth class. Hopefully that will tie me over until the next baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment