Monday, July 25, 2011

Cosleeper Day 1

I find it amusing at how much stuff is involved with going to bed. We've been sleeping in the living room for weeks now so I hadn't really thought about it until last night. Charlotte needs her pacifier, a burp cloth, a light blanket and a heavy blanket, diapering stuff which includes a gpant, two liners & two gcloth, and wipes. I need my nipple cream, boppy, and water cup. It probably took an hour to gather everything into the bedroom last night for her attempt at sleeping in the co-sleeper.

I have discovered the value of tin foil in dimming lights. My home decorating now includes tin foil on several smaller lamps. It's enough light to see so I can nurse, but not so much that she won't sleep. It's not the most fashionable thing, but it works! I had to wrap more tin foil around my bedside reading lamp as part of the getting ready for bed process last night. Tin foil.

Getting her to sleep was a bit more difficult without the swing. In the co-sleeper she tends to fall asleep, startle, and then lose her pacifier which makes her mad so she starts to cry and flail. After an hour of this cycle I gave up and spent another hour letting her suck on my finger to get her to sleep. I tried to feed her really well before I put her down hoping she wouldn't need either to sleep, but she was really fussy and I caved.

Other than that it wasn't bad. She woke up at her typical times, I got up, nursed her, changed her, and was able to put her right back to bed. The only thing I'm concerned about with the co-sleeper is how cold her hands and feet get. I covered her in two blankets but she was still pretty cold when I picked her up this morning. It was so warm last night I had left her in a diaper and a t-shirt. I'll have to put her in her footie pajamas tonight so she stays warm enough. Overall I am relieved that it didn't turn into a night of hysterics. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment