Monday, July 18, 2011

New Mom Group

Today I got to go to my first new mom group. Andaluz hosts it the first and third Monday of the month. There's a lactation consultant at the group so you can get help with breastfeeding and ask questions. It was so nice to hang out with other grown ups that know what you're going through. It was also cool seeing moms from our prenatal classes. We all exchanged e-mails and are planning to meet on a weekly basis and to have food! We figured out that we all live in relatively the same area too so we can meet up closer to where we live if the birth center isn't available. Now I'm kind of bummed about moving to the east side in September. I was also able to get her footprints into her baby book on the way out. Unfortunately she was being a drama queen and wouldn't let us do her hands too, so I'll have to try for those when she's passed out. We made an attempt but she ended up getting ink all over the place.

Talking to moms of babies of all ages was really reassuring. Everyone had different experiences with their births, with breast feeding, and with different day to day stuff. I feel so much better about how I'm doing things having heard how normal my experiences are. Now I'm really looking forward to Charlotte getting bigger and the things she'll be able to do.

Tomorrow Charlotte will be 4 weeks old and on Thursday she'll be 1 month old. It's amazing how fast time flies. It's weird how her birth seems like it was just yesterday but also like forever ago. I'm going to go to one of the cheap picture places like Sears to get some pictures for her baby book.

Now I'm off to nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment