Saturday, July 16, 2011

Late Night Grocery Shopping

The sleep saga continues. Charlotte had her postnatal appointment on Thursday and after a long night I was pretty emotionally fried. My midwife suggested I try some herbs to help. I dunno about this whole post partum depression thing. Most of the time I feel just fine but then I hit a wall and feel like I can't handle anything. It seems more like a sleep deprivation no time to take care of myself thing than a depression thing. 

Anyway, I got "permission" or rather, validation, at my appointment to pump and bottle feed Charlotte for a couple feedings. It makes it much easier at night to feed her and go back to sleep. It also gives my sore nipples a break. I've done this the last two nights and it's been much better sleepwise. 

Last night I decided to keep myself awake by going grocery shopping at Winco at midnight. I've always enjoyed doing my grocery shopping there late at night. I put on my headphones, park my cart at the end of the aisles and take my sweet time. I took Charlotte in the moby wrap. She fell asleep within the first few minutes but woke up when I put her back in her car seat to go home. It was fairly easy to get her fed and back to sleep around 2 and then she slept for 4 whole hours! I think the bottle I fed her at 6 upset her tummy though because she grunted and wiggled in her sleep the next couple hours and I finally gave up on sleeping more. 

I think with this sleep deprivation thing what ends up happening is that you just get used to it, it doesn't necessarily get better. 

2 comments:

  1. which pump are you using? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Medela swing pump and I used one of the 20% off coupons at Babies'r'us. I love it. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on a double pump because I really don't need it. I also like that you can have it plugged in or use batteries and travel and it fits in the diaper bag. It's pretty convenient.

    ReplyDelete