Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Crying Shame

Well, the crying hormones have hit me pretty hard this week. Yesterday I got a call from our real estate agent saying that we weren't going to be getting the house I posted. I also got an e-mail from our lending agent saying that interest rates have gone up and thus we may not qualify for as much money. Considering how little we qualify for, this is basically the shut-down for us finding anything we can live in. I got three unexpected and rather high bills in the mail too. After crying over all of this for about an hour, I then get an angry voice message from our former real estate agent (let's call them agent lame). I decide to finally talk to him to sever the relationship. Our conversation was basically made up of me giving him reasons for finding someone else and him telling me why I'm wrong. That pretty much validated our decision.

I also talked to the principal at Washougal High School about what I need to do to be able to long-term sub for him through the end of the school year. I don't have a Washington teaching license, so now I have to pay a bunch of money to get it. This teaching position has me rather stressed out already and I haven't even started it yet. The principal said on the phone today that they could use a music sub and they'd like to have me around next year. I wanted to scream at him:
I HATE SUBBING!!!!NEVER!!!!!!!

Today I started crying at the chiropractor because I had to cancel my appointments for tomorrow and thursday since I'll be subbing. This really isn't that big of a deal. I think what pushed me to tears was that this job is still hanging in the air and I have no way of predicting what my schedule will be like or if I can manage it. I feel overwhelmed by everything we have going on already let alone another "thing". A 40 hour work week plus a daily 2 hour commute to organize 3 chiropractor appointments and a full voice studio around sort of has me wishing I could hide in a closet until the baby's due.

Another factor in the stress ball I get to play with is that I've been having bad indigestion problems for almost a week now. Nothing seems to be processing through me right and I've been really tired. My midwife told me to try the bratty (an acronym for bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea and yogurt) diet for a few days to see if it would help. It's been two days and it hasn't helped. If it's not better by tomorrow I'm going back to eating normal food because being weepy and hungry just sucks.

On a bright note, water aerobics was good tonight. I almost started crying at that too because I didn't know anyone and no one would talk to me really at first. I decided to just focus on the exercise to unwind rather than to socialize. I was the youngest person at my class and was the only one having my first baby. I still felt good from the class, but I wanted to stay in the pool longer. The best part of it was at the end. They have these all natural all fruit popsicles for sale in the lobby that I love so I decided to have one even though I'm on this stupid diet. It was mostly peaches and milk so I figured it wasn't a far cry from the yogurt I've been eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment