Thursday, March 3, 2011

I smell like chlorine.

A couple weeks ago my massage therapist recommended that I try a prenatal water aerobics class. My hips have been so sore that she thought the low impact and stretching would really help. That same day I went to target and thought I'd check out the bathing suits while I was there.

Imagine this with a belly.
This is my bathing suit!
Bathing suits aren't really in season in February so their selection was pretty limited and they definitely didn't have any maternity. I didn't figure I'd find anything. Miraculously, I found a pretty cute one-piece suit that not only fit really well but also happened to be on clearance because it was an online return. It wasn't even on the clearance rack! I figured this was my sign.

So last night I finally made it to my first class. There was only one other girl there for the class who was about 2 weeks further along than I am so it was cool to have someone who's about the same amount of pregnant. I can't believe how much better my hips and back feel. It also occurred to me as I struggled with exercise that wouldn't have phased me months ago how much 9-10 months of inactivity can effect my ability to lose the baby weight later. Given that I don't expect to be in the greatest shape right now, I can really see now how maintaining the little bit of fitness that I do have will make life easier later.

I also enjoyed watching all the kids taking swim lessons. I have many memories of going through all my levels of swimming lessons growing up. Of all the things I want for my kids, I had forgotten about swimming. Given, I think my parents put me in lessons because I loved being in the water so much they were probably worried I'd drown from joyously jumping in a random lake or something, so we'll see how Charlotte takes to the water. I don't think swimming lessons are an essential part of a kids development like I think music and foreign language are either, but I wouldn't trade my comfort in the water.

I will probably go to the classes once or twice a week from not until I deliver I think. They charge around $60 for 20 classes which is cheaper than going to the gym so that's a plus. If anyone gets a hankering to join pregnant ladies struggle with me I'm sure they'd let non-pregnant people come with me haha!

Today I have my next prenatal appointment. I always look forward to my appointments. I've gained about 20 pounds now so I hope that my midwife is happy with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment