Wednesday, March 30, 2011

28 Weeks

Well, this week marks the first week of the third trimester. I'm really relieved to finally be in the home stretch. I dreamt last night that I had a baby boy and that everything was pretty much normal. I was able to breast feed, I knew what to do whenever he cried. He had a place to sleep and a carrier to get home in. Even though it was a boy, it was still nice to finally have a dream that was not chaos. Especially considering current circumstances!

Current circumstances are a bit more chaos. This week is the first full week that I was supposed to take over this choir job in Washougal. It's quite a few balls to catch and keep in the air (as I mentioned in my previous post) and it didn't help that an anvil was thrown into the juggle yesterday.

I got to the middle school early yesterday. Probably 2 minutes before the first bell rang for class to start, who should appear but the teacher I'm filling in for. She was completely unannounced. What was really special was that she randomly showed up and then took over classes for the day. I spent probably half my day yesterday sitting in the offices trying to figure out what was going on.

I managed to suppress my mixed emotions (a huge feat for being 28 weeks pregnant) and played as much of a diplomat as I could. I had voice students back in Portland at 3:45 so I bolted out of the school right at 2:30. I took me an hour and a 15 minutes to get to Wilson because traffic was awful. I got into the building and just burst into tears. I've never lost it like that in front of a student. It was really embarrassing. I got home last night at 8:30, ate dinner and went to bed.

Today is a crap shoot. I have no idea what to expect. I've been told by many people that she probably won't show. The challenge here is that I have so many things to get done if I'm their teacher and I'd like to be left to execute my plans. If she shows up the kids are getting extremely mixed messages about what's going on and it sets me back every time. At this rate their concerts will be a mess. I just hope the district and the administrators have the backbone to make an ultimate decision about how they want the rest of this year to go. I don't think I can handle being jerked around with how much I'm sacrificing to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment