Friday, March 18, 2011

Previews

I'm beginning to get the sense that Charlotte is going to be the kind of kid that will be shy of attention. The kind that hides behind mom's leg when asked to wave goodbye to someone. Why? Because I'm the only one that feels her kick! She kicks me so hard that I can see the blanket move on my belly, but the second I say something or someone touches my belly, she immediately stops. She even starts again as soon as they take their hand away.

This morning we got in for the second ultrasound. She had her hands and feet in front of her face. Yeah, both. So we couldn't get any pictures of her face. The ultrasound tech tried bouncing my belly to see if he could get her to move, but she was perfectly still the entire time. He even tried again after we'd waited a few minutes for the doctor to come talk to us thinking that my moving around might have shifted her, but no luck. She's a shy girl and did not want to be photographed. Needless to say, we didn't really get any pictures worth seeing.

On another note, I had the fun experience of people noticing my pregnancy at the bowling alley tonight. I missed bowling last week so I had an extra week to grow. I'm pretty sure my belly is growing up and out over my pelvic bone because my back seems to feel much better now and my belly looks huge. Random strangers were smiling at me as I walked by, a couple of the guys from the team we bowled against wanted to feel my tummy, a guy from the team bowling on the lanes next to us came and told me that he had grandkids and if I needed anything he could probably get it as a hand-me-down. I had at least five people ask me my due date, and then look at me in disbelief. I've lost track of the number of times I've been asked if I'm having twins and then have been told that I must be having a really big baby.

So far I've only gained 22-24 pounds. This is pretty normal. My baby isn't especially big. It's just how my tummy's growing out that makes it look like I'm way more pregnant than I actually am. I have a short torso, there's not much room in there! I find all of this rather amusing and honestly I feel I should enjoy all of the positive attention now. I have a feeling people will be far less interested in a screaming baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment